With nearly no response from the community, this time-consuming project might end at this version.
I'm also hoping that the OS X installers work well enough for everyone. It took a good amount of time to figure out how to (properly?) release for it.
In any case, here's the changelog:
First release that's not based on a major Box2D release. It combines Box2D SVN r177 and contributions from shaktool (thin line segment) and BorisTheBrave (controllers/buoyancy).
* Thin line segment support (forum post)
* Buoyancy with generic controller support (forum post)
* Pyglet 1.1 testbed (still has some issues. run convert-from-pygame.py to convert the tests from pygame)
* OS X Installer
* Python 2.6 support
* Line joints (see LineJoint test)
* Raycasts (see RayCast test and BoxCutter test)
* TestSegment support
* BreakableBody test (forum post)
* Fixed: == was working, but != comparisons weren't.
* Access to polygon normals, core vertices, etc.
* cvar list fixed
* Off by one bug fixed for vertices
New time step will require a few minor updates to your code:
world.Step(timeStep, velocityIterations, positionIterations)
velocityIterations is usually 10, and positionIterations is usually 8.