How's everything? Make any games lately? Me? Oh, I'm still alive and kicking over here.
So anyway, here are some of the updates following my last post about r246 a good 6 months ago (all of those changes are still mostly true).
- Updated to the latest Box2D svn, added loop/edge shapes (edges work, loops do not)
- kwargs for all functions
- Reworked the framework system to be more OO-friendly -- pyglet/pygame frameworks are derived from a base class now
- Pyglet is basically working with the newest version 1.1.4 -- but it's got some major issues that need to be dealt with. If there are any Pyglet experts out there, let me know.
- Added a PyQt4 framework with basic functionality. I have a few plans for it... [pictured above]
- world.CreateCircleShape, world.CreatePolygonShape, and so on, which allow kwargs for both the shapes and the fixture, so that things like this are possible:
world.CreatePolygonFixture(box=(1, 1), friction=0.2, density=1.0)
remember that 'box' is a property from the polygon shape, and 'friction' and 'density' are from the fixture definition.
- Experimental 'b2' namespace:
> from Box2D.b2 import *
- CreateStaticBody and CreateDynamicBody, and other changes to CreateBody and CreateFixture. There's also world.Create*Joint(), body.CreateShapesFromFixtures, and probably some others
- Most of the old ones, converted to the new style
% svn checkout http://pybox2d.googlecode.com/svn/branches/box2d_2.1/ pybox2d-svn
Also, given that the Box2D wiki has been down for ages, I guess it's a good time to find a new place to host a pybox2d wiki. Any recommendations?